Friday, August 08, 2008

Swan Valley

Excited about driving to Swan Valley with the help of the GPRS that belongs to my 3rd Uncle. The Holden 3800cc is indeed a huge car, after adjusting the seat, I realised I can't reach the accelerators which Dad remarked, "You are not mend to drive a big car like this". Very insulting though... but I still insisted I want to drive. Hhhmmm...

Swan Valley; the Perth's Valley of Taste. Tourist booklets mentioned that it's 30 minutes away from the Perth CBD by using the Great Northern Highway but since we took the GPRS and also the speed limit is rather slow, it took us close to 45 minutes to reach the historical Guildford town which is actually a small town entrance to Swan Valley.

I just drive along the road with the help of the Map as the GPRS is no longer useful here to assist us. Looking left and right while maintaining the speed limit of 60km/hr, searching for the Sandalford Winery. To my disappointment, there isn't any wines in view, all the plants are black and bald. Even the entrance to this place don't seem open and welcoming. But, we still get down the car and wander around hoping to see some good things. I learned that in winter, there is no wine production too. As Dad remarked the price is not even worth looking, we left the place after taking a few pictures.


As we continue along the road, we found the Margaret River Chocolate Co. Here we had free chocolates for us to munch and since I had never visited a chocolate factory, I wanted so much to try their hot-white-chocolate drink. But, was I disappointed with the simplicity-dilution of the drink that cost me AUD$4.50 a glass and I waited for ages for the drink.

Since, I decided to drive along the road with the country-side view on my left and right, at times, Dad had to remind me to watch out the winding road. Hehehe... Occasionally, I will suddenly slow down while checking out the signboards for anything we can visit. We came across a bee farm and we stopped to get pollen and Lily got a bucket of honey. As the owner of the shop told us that her bees are away to another state for pollination, hhhmmm... I have no idea how they migrate but she was describing how the bees when in a vehicle and they were release there... but I still do not understand how the bees will come back to their "home".

The rest of the road, we just drive along and see if there is anywhere we want to go in, we tried to visit a farm with some animals in it and we were told we had to pay AUD$10 per person even to take pictures. I managed to video a black-piglet in a cage too! Since, we managed to get a few shots without paying, we left the farm as it was quite crowded with little children and there is a retarded-home having their recreation-day.



As we enter into one of the smaller lane, we came across this very adorable creature; alpaca which Dad managed to get a picture of it when we called it to come nearer. Hehehe... I think it thought we were going to feed it with something. The rest of the journey thru the road, we see cows and sheep, grazing the grass and lots of bald-wines.

When we came into a big-junction, we decided to u-turn back to Guildford town to visit the Pottery that we passed by earlier. There isn't much thing here to be purchase and see so we walked around a bit and left for home.

My parents suggested we should have a late lunch at Waterford Plaza which is the supermarket they went yesterday as they saw a shop selling very cheap lunch. Since we couldn't really decide what we wanna have, we settled for this supposedly-Malaysian-cheap lunch. Gosh!! I will never want to eat here again...


After lunch, we shop in Coles where I got my favourite cheese-spread and some other things I love to eat and it's cheaper here to eat them. On our way out, we saw a nice shop selling decorative items that I decided to get a "human-holding a cello" made of bolts-nuts-&-screws. Just to add another musical-collection on top of my home's piano.

It was a short-day trip out today... and since we can prepare early dinner later, I'm going to sit back and enjoy the Opening Ceremony of the Beijing Olympics with the big packet of chips I bought earlier. Sounds cozy yea...

No comments: