Sunday, August 10, 2008

Perth CBD + Ferry Ride

Today, I woked up rather early at about 7am and decided to ask Dad to accompany me to the park again for a morning-walk. Dad hesitated but was asked by Mom to do so anyway. Hehehe... I just need to burn off some fat that is rather quite obvious of late at my belly. My pants are getting too tight!

With my camera along for some morning-snap shots, but nothing much interesting and not so much ducks around in the morning either. Either they are asleep since it's winter or it may be just too cold to come out yet. But, I can see the "vapour" that comes out of my mouth when I'm chit-chatting with Dad.

Since it's a Sunday, we decided to take things slow and we only left for the train station at about 9.30am. We get down at the first stop; Esplanade and walked towards Barrack St. Jetty to check out the various river ferries and cruises. We just stood under the Swan Bell Tower to take some pictures since my Uncle mentioned not to waste our money to go in.


The rest of the morning, we just shopped at the selected shops that I told Mom where they sell cheaper souveniors. While waiting for Mom & Dad to purchase their things, I go along each street busy snapping pictures.


We also took the blue CAT ride around to see the route since the last time we were in the CBD, we took the red and yellow CAT already. We stopped at the Museum too since the entrance fee is free.

At 2pm, had our lunch at Hungry Jacks and by 3am head back to Barrack Square to catch a ferry to South Perth Esplanade since it's only AUD1.60 per person, its also a nice way to see the view and the river. Despite the ride is a short less than 15 minutes, it's still something fun to do.

As I know that there is a bas that could bring us back to Manning St. right outside the Perth Zoo's bas-stop, so we walked from Mends St. Jetty towards Labouchere Road. Unfortunately, the bas service that supposed to come every 30 minutes did not came. It's just so unlucky for us, we waited for almost 1.5 hours then only we managed to reach home.

Now, I'm very tired from all the walking and waiting...
Tonight, need to send Lily to the airport as she will be heading home to Johor-Singapore.

No comments: