Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Perth to Adelaide

Departed for the domestic airport from my uncle’s place at about 7am. Catching the Virgin Blue to Adelaide. We waited quite a while in the airport since our flight is at 9.15am but it was delayed for another 30 minutes with the late boarding and take off.

We landed in Adelaide airport and its raining outside thru the windows of the plane. It’s pretty odd the route that we had to take to claim our luggage. My dad & I were evern more surprised as there is no custom security check due to the domestic flight. Should have taken the dried cranberries & nougat that I shared purchased with Lily in Fremantle market. The cute “beagle” goes around sniffing luggage when we were waiting for them at the conveyor-belt. It’s cute, I should have taken a picture of it. Maybe, the next trip into Melbourne, I shall see if I could do that.

It’s superb freezing here with the rain. Weather forecasted highest 13 and lowest 4 from yesterday’s weather forecast. Indeed I could not take in this weather. Ahhhh… Anyway, at a glance thru the journey from the airport to my brother’s apartment. It’s not really a place I wanna be. Hehehe… It just reminded me of Malaysia. I turned left, I see Asian face, I turned right, I see Asian face. And the place and the roads… its scattered everywhere. As compare to Perth, this is “small and messy”. Hahaha…

We stopped by Sub-way to take away our lunch and yea… it’s different here and when you’re hungry and cold, you can eat anything and it taste good! *chuckled*


Tonight, I practically begging to have western for dinner. Especially, I wanna attempt to have the lamb; my old time favourite. I had been eating Chinese-cooking & rice for the last 7 days and why on earth come to Australia and still eat the same old thing which I eat at home for 365 days?!

We settled for Hogs Breath Cafe and definitely enjoyed my dinner and the companies. Of course, I had my "lammy" and Dad, Bro & Madeline had their steak, Mom as usual will have their fish & chip.

Got back about 9.30pm after touring around the eastern side of Adelaide after dinner. Bro brought us to his University grounds and his old rented place. It’s dark and cold and my mom nagged about it so, we head back. It’s true, nothing much can be seen in the dark anyway. I watched NCIS for about an hour after that while heating up myself next to the heather, my palms and feet are still cold. Bbrrrr…

No comments: