Saturday, August 09, 2008

Fremantle

Since we had a lunch invitation from Aunt Jaq and her family, we had to leave early for Fremantle today as both my parents had been here before a few years back. Lily and I wanted to visit the markets and since only saw a glimpse of this place last Wednesday, we just need to come back here *chuckled*

We left the house at about 8am and took a slow drive since I can't drive faster than 70km/hr. I discovered something new about my uncle's Holden which enable me to actually reach the accelerator after all. The secret to it, is to sit lower and not raised the car seat. But, I still can see the road so it's fine to be sitting lower and deeper into the car.

We reached Fremantle close to 9am and all the shops are still closed, there are ample parking space which I feel comfortable to park-in the huge car. But, it's a learning experience to read the various parking-time and the amount we had to pay.

While waiting for the Fremantle market to open, we decided to walk around by foot but it's a bit cold and since I was only in slippers, I can actually feel that my toes are freezed up after a while. We came across one very interesting shop that sell soaps but it's all in the form of cakes. You just won't belief that they are soaps!

I got some miniature koalas & kangaroos for my colleagues in Fremantle market but the other deals are a little pricey to purchase despite that they are nice items. Next, we went to E-Shed Market which is a much nicer place to shop compare to Fremantle market, here I bought lots of tea-towels, a few soft-koalas and a 24cm-in size koala; big enough for me to hug. Always wanted to have a koala-soft-toy but never seems to get it from anyone who visit here. So what the heck, just buy it for myself then. It was a good deal anyway. Lily and I bought a lot of things from this shop that is owned by a Singaporean. But, she is also a good saleslady as well... persuading very hard and start telling us that no other shops can sell so cheap like she does...

Fremantle is a nice place to shop around and we wished we had more time and do not have to rush back for our lunch appointment. As I thought, we are late as I was expected to reach home by 11.30am, I sorta of speed more than 70km/hr. Hope that my uncle won't get any saman out of that speed I was driving in. But, Brandon was late to pick us up as he lost his way and not sure how to get to my Uncle's place.

Aunty Jaq's home is such a nice cottage; with a beautiful garden that grows all kind of plants, herbs and even vegetables. We toured around her garden before lunch. We had so much for lunch and just a pity we had forgotten to bring our cameras with us. Mom is the one most dissapointed because she couldn't capture any picture of Aunty Jaq and her mom for old-time-sake. We left their home close to 4pm and Lily just can't wait to get out of the house. I can understand that feeling because she is a total stranger with them.

Since Aunty Jaq sent us back to my Uncle's home, my parents requested her to come in and continue their catching-up while Lily and I left for Cottlesloe to catch the sunset. Actually, was looking for some fcuk-outlet which my colleague advised me but couldn't find it thus we just hangout at the beach for a while waiting for sunset.

The sky will turn dark very fast in winter so we did not stay too long outside and headed back home. Got lost a bit when I thought I can just go home without the GPS, boy; was I wrong. Hehehe...

When we got home, Aunty Jaq is still around but she left shortly after that. Dad prepared dinner and we had a late dinner since our lunch was so filling. Tomorrow, I planned to go Margaret River or somewhere further but Dad is not keen on it thus we settled to take the train to Perth CBD since Mom wanted to get more tea-towels and some other souveniors too. Besides that, Lily & I wanted to hitch another route-ride on CATS since we did not cover all of it the last trip in town.

No comments: