Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Perth in a brief

Last night, Lily and I actually had the heater on the whole night when we sleep. It's a new experience for me to actually come for a vacation in winter. We had a very delicious breakfast prepared by our 3rd uncle this morning *Yummie* My all-time favourite; bacon, sunny-up, toast bread & fresh milk. I can guarantee that the rest of the coming few days, we will have very delicious breakfast too. Hehehe...

Since it's Lily & my first time to Perth, 3rd uncle decided to bring us around to the nearby suburbs with his almost 2 years-old company-provided Holden. It's a huge car with 3800cc. 3rd Uncle suggested that he is going to show us each place in a brief; like 30 minutes stop each place and then, we can return to the place we like by ourselves other days when he is away to Singapore for his conference.

First destination, at Avon Ascent where we saw a very beautiful sight in front of us and of course, first time seeing pelicans from a very far distance. Unfortunately, when we decided to walk near to it, they already swim further away into the middle of the wide-river.


Second destination - Fremantle waterfront. We walked around the place & the cafes, stopped for a few pictures. And settled down for chips as tea-break at this place call Kailis; voted for their best fish & chips. Surprisingly here, I grew hungry every 1-2 hours. Must be the cold weather that makes me crave for food every hour. The rest of the journey, 3rd Uncle brought us along the coastal road and we get to see beautiful & big mansions and houses.


Third destination - Cottesloe; I had difficulty pronouncing this place's name though. It's a beach and I just cannot belief my eyes when I see lots of people are actually sun-bathing in winter!! Hahaha... but no naked-top/bottom whatsoever in this beach. There are others surfing and children playing the sands and splashing water near the edge of the water.

We walked towards the "castle" and found a bistro; Indiana. There are 2 elephant-statues outside it's garden and Lily & I wanted to have a picture. One old-Aussie man asked us if he could help us to take our picture as he said he loves taking photographs. Funny, he make us sat on the elephant-statue for so long and we were like tired from smiling... And when we checked, the pictures were "out". So, we got my dad to take a new shot for us *chuckled*


Fourth destination - Sorrento Quay. It's a nice place to come for a day trip with family or friends. It's a place with everything; earth & water. We walked from shop to shop looking at the products & trying to check out if there is any good bargains. But nothing seems attractive after looking at the prices and mentally calculating them after the conversion. Since
Dome is originated from Perth, 3rd Uncle wanted us to have our lunch and to taste it's originality here. The price is not cheap but since 3rd Uncle wanna buy us lunch, we shall not grumble over his goodwill. I make sure I tried the food & drink that are not sold in Malaysia.

Since we had a rather late lunch, it's almost 2pm plus when we left Sorrento Quay. The journey back to Manning St where my 3rd uncle's house is took us about 1.5 hours and of course with the filling stomach hitherto I fall asleep in the car. Since it was still early and we did not know what we should do till dinner time, we stopped by the largest mall; Garden City . We saw Kmart so that's where Lily & I spend an hour here while I browse the food, clothes and looking for a pair of boot. Tim Tam was going for AUD$1.99 which is cheapy cheap. 3rd Uncle got 2 packets for us. Nobody shall miss the Aussie-made Tim Tam! It's my all time favourite night-snack in Papua N.G. too those days.

When we reached "home" (3rd Uncle's house become our home for the next 6 days), the sun was just about to set so Lily and I decided to take a walk to the park nearby called Neil McDougall Park. It's about 10 minutes walk while we stopped by a few houses to admire their garden & flowers. There is a lake here as well so we stopped here to take some pictures of the black ducks. Some are feeding on the insects and some are just swimming in the lake. I sat here for a bit to enjoy the evening chill breeze and when it got dark, we walked back.

When we got back, Dad & his brother are enjoying their wine while munching on some nuts and biscuits. Happily chatting away. Even though, it's cold here, I still wanted to have my bath each day. Dinner was cooked by 3rd Uncle and of course, his cooking is marvelous and he prepared it very fast. Amazing, and Dad is learning from him... Mom said when we get back home to Klang, Dad supposed to conquer the kitchen and prepare the meals from now on. Hahaha... I wonder how true that will be, my mom giving up her "palace" aka kitchen. Very doubtful on that!

After dinner, 3rd Uncle brought us out to the Perth CBD and to the King's Park. Due to the Perth Municipals instructing people to save on electricity therefore unfortunately for us, there are no lights at all in the King's Park. It's supposed to be a very beautiful park at night with all the trees lighted up with Christmas lights. Someday, I may get a chance to see it. As we got out of the car, the night wind was so cold that I wore the huge black coat my Sis borrowed me and I looked like a stalker thru the dark-walk-path. Hehehe... We were here for a while, while my 3rd Uncle describe to us the geographical of the place and we stood at a very nice place that overlooks the Perth CBD. My camera did not take good pictures of the night-view though. We even saw a very big-tree that was just planted a few weeks ago which is very unique but since it's dark, we cannot take picture of it. But, it's a tree with two trunks but one root. Can you imagine it? I wonder if their website has a picture of it... but do click into their website and enjoy their beautiful slide pictures.


After touring the whole of King's Park with the car, 3rd Uncle brought us tour around the Perth CBD at night, one street to another street. Advising us which street we should visit tomorrow on our own. Showing us the shops, night clubs and dining restaurants. One funny place called the "Library" is actually a night club. Hehehe... If I was not told by my Uncle, I'll probably think that it's a library with lots of books and I may wanna consider to pay a visit.

As there are not much activities at night in Perth other than the clubs & restaurants, we head back home. 3rd Uncle purposely used the way that passes by the Perth Zoo so that he can show me how to get there if I wanna visit it while he is away. It was fun to learn the roads and listening to him. He even showed us the way how to get to the supermarkets. I hope my brains will remember since it's in vacation-mode. Hehehe...

No comments: