Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Singapore to Perth

This morning, I hanged out with my Uncle at the neighbourhood while I enjoy my wantan-mee & coffee for breakfast. Uncle had his regular morning catch-up with his friends in the kopitiam. Took a shower before depart for the Domestic terminal to catch my Tiger Airways to Perth; where I need to meet up Lily also at the airport.

Unfortunately, my Uncle didn't realized Lily sms him and that's why she ended up waiting ages for me in the airport. We checked in our luggages and then, returned to Terminal 1 for lunch and later we took the sky-train to Terminal 3 to check out the place since it's a new terminal. As we have insufficient time till our boarding, we couldn't spare much time walking everywhere.

After saying our goodbyes to my Uncle, we checked ourselves into the boarding hall. Funny, I don't recall hearing our flight number called for boarding and then Lily heard our flight number calling for last-call. Ahhh... a little panicked, we ran and ran towards the gate... and gosh... it's far!! And when the steward actually checked our tickets, he mentioned, "The whole plane is waiting for the two of you". I felt embarrassed at that moment... but I think he was just kidding because I still see a few people slowly climbing up the staircase into the plane.

Food in the plane is expensive and in S$ currency but we are hungry and we ate their meal that is fish & rice. Taste okie. Forgotten to take a picture of it as my camera was in my hand-carry in the compartment above. I also bought their chips while watching a few drama series that I save into my laptop. Lucky, I had my laptop with me to kill the boredom. The flight was occasionally rather choppy and Tiger's plane is same size with Air Asia's plane thus you can imagine, flying 5 hours is not a pleasant thing. Cannot complaint if wanna travel budget though...

Arrived on schedule in Perth International airport approximately 9pm. It was pretty funny when Lily & I reached the custom-checkpoint counter... We did not write any address on the white card that we supposed to fill up as we did not know the address of my 3rd-uncle. So, the guy asked us, "Do you have a place to stay after you exit this airport?" and we replied, "Yes, at our uncle's place" and he asked, "You do not know which street he stays in?" and we replied, "No". And he looked a bit concerned and asked, "Is there someone picking you up outside the airport?" and we replied, "Our uncle" and he smiled and returned us our passports. Hehehe...

Lily forgotten to declare the biscuits that she carried in her hand-bag and only recalled it when we were lining up to exit the luggage checkpoint so she sorta of informed the lady at the end of the line and she asked us to go to the "declare lane". To our much surprised, we do not even have to open our luggages and all we had to do was just to put them over the x-rated machine and off we are free. Yippee... I was a little worried and lots of them were just unlucky and were opening their luggages for check. Phew... we were so glad about that...

Dad, Mom & 3rd-Uncle were actually waiting for us outside and Mom was in shocked to see Lily with me. Hahaha... we had a good laugh because I asked Dad to keep it a secret that Lily is joining us for the Perth vacation. Since, it's not the first time Dad & Mom visited Perth, I feel that it's really a good idea to get Lily to come along and I never regret that invitation a bit.

Upon exiting the airport, the cool breeze welcomed us into the night and Mom actually wore quite thick and she was amazed I was not feeling as cold as her. We reached 3rd-uncle's house and we had a late dinner. Just had some to ease the hunger before we decided to get ourselves comfortable in bed. I choose to sleep on the floor in the same room with Lily since I tend to wriggle around when I sleep *chuckled*

Alright, time to get under the blanket and snooze and just can't wait for tomorrow to start our journey in Perth...

No comments: