Monday, August 11, 2008

Mandurah + South Mole

My Uncle and Uncle Ho Lee are finally back to Perth this morning. Initially, Uncle Ho Lee supposed to host us for the rest of our trip here; bringing us sea-fishing, picnic, orchards and all sorts of outback-vacation. But due to his mom suddenly got very sick, that he left for Malaysia beginning of August.

Since we will be leaving Perth tomorrow, my Uncle brought us to Mandurah along with Uncle Ho Lee. I actually mentioned that I wanna check out Rockingham too because I overheard a tourist-lady informed one of the shop-owner that it's beautiful up at Rockingham the last few days. So Uncle said we will dropped by there on our way back from Mandurah. We left home late-morning and Mandurah it's about 55km away from Perth, it takes about 1.5 hour to reach.


Mandurah is pretty quiet place but it's a high-class residential where each of the house has their own jetty and river-front for their personal boat access. And it's also well-known for it's relaxing and holiday atmosphere. This place reminded me of Gold Coast too; where HY Lee stay's in a house also with their own river-pier. We walked along the Mandurah Foreshore (waterways), from one end to another end. The men were busy chatting away while Mom and I just tailing from behind and of course, I'm busy taking some pictures. We dropped by a few shops and seems like my Uncle are not that type that visit door-to-door that kind of person which I thought we will at least spend more time here but we didn't, we even left before lunch since Uncle Ho Lee suggested Dim Sum.

Thus, we didn't even get to go Rockingham *sobs*sobs* How can they do this to me?! How can they let Dim Sum to over-power the desire to visit a nice town like Rockingham? And my Uncle actually said, "Oh, Rockingham is just like Mandurah." Hhmmm.... what can I do?

DIM SUM was GGggggooooodddd... No wonder they would prefer dim sum over Rockingham!! Hehehe... Mom and I both ordered porridge and we were damn surpried when the bowl came. It's huge!! And we were begging for mercy... Since, I was taking small-naps in the car from Mandurah to this dim-sum restaurant so I have no idea where we were.




After our late-lunch, Uncle couldn't decide wherelse we can go since it's about 3pm, the time is not suitable to go somewhere far and it will be boring to go somewhere near that we have been before. So Uncle Ho Lee decided to direct us to South Mole; it's near to Fremantle and before Cottlesloe. This is the place alot of people do their sea-fishing.

The sun was very hot and the wind was chilly... I get a great-tann at the same time enjoying the strong sea-breeze while watching a few people catching their noon-fishy. We went around to North Mole too but there isn't much to see so we headed back home.

Uncle invited Uncle Ho Lee for dinner while he goes off preparing dinner for us, Uncle Ho Lee brought us to his place for a visit. We hangout there for a while and later, went back to Uncle's place for dinner. Of course, it's a very nice dinner with nicely decorated table and wares. Uncle even prepared dessert and not forgetting, I drank a fair bit of wine tonight because it help to keep me warmer.

I got to go pack my luggage since our plane to Adelaide will be quite an early one tomorrow. Excited at the same time feeling a little sad because there is so much I did not see yet in Perth.

No comments: