Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekend in Lahad Datu

I couldn't sleep much again in Grace Hotel but set alarm to wake up at 6.30am on a Sunday! Because Cora said will pick me up from hotel at 7.40am and since I have free breakfast, I better eat and I was ready by 7am even after I packed everything. The breakfast in Grace Hotel is again lousy. I only had 2 slices of toast with strawberry-jem. And I had scrambled eggs & 2 spoonful of tasteless fried-rice with a cup of orange juice.

I checked out from Grace Hotel by 7.35am and waited for Cora at the entrance but she was late with her family for church service. Service starts at 8am and we only arrived about 8.15am. I was so surprised at the size of their english service members but I think I missed the praised & worship. Almost 20 minutes before it ended, the electricity was cut. And this is very common here. Again, Cora & family brought me to Good View Club for american breakfast but I only ordered Milo. It's cheap here the breakfast; only for RM2.88 nett per set!!

Checked-into Asia Hotel again and I got room no: 402 which is smaller than room no: 404. Regretted that I checked out but I should take this as a lesson not to do this in future. While waiting for Penny to call me out for the noon-outing, I took a 30 minutes nap.

Almost 1.30pm, Penny called and picked me up and we went to Fajar for lunch. Here, had duck-rice. It's tough but not bad taste. Then, we continue our journey to Borneo Paradise. To my dismay, I realised I forgotten to take my camera with me... *sobs*. Along with us this trip is Penny's boyfriend & sister, Ivy and John from Teck Guan. Nevertheless, it was quite dissapointed when we get to this place. It feels like 1 hour drive away but Penny said it's 30 minutes.


Since, there is nothing much to do, we left and head to the Guan Ying Temple. The rest of them make their prayers and I just shot a few pictures for the fun of it.

Then, we head back to Penny's house because her shoes were teared. So, we u-back to a place for wild-boar & deer meat at Segama; which is less than 20 minutes drive from Lahad Datu town. It's a small village and if no complaints about the condition of the shop and location, the food is not-to-bad. 6 of us and we had deer-meat, wild-boar-meat, soup & "sayur-manis" and it only cost us RM36!!

We left the place before 7pm but it's already pitched-black and the road back is without any lamp-post. Well, what to expect here. *chuckled* Anyway, I'm going to take an enjoyable shower and pack my things since I had to leave for Sandakan tomorrow after breakfast.

No comments: