Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Day in Sandakan



We had breakfast at this Bridge No.8 and I'm quite amazed with this place that I had decided to even take a short-video of it. Usually, I only see this kind of lifestyle in the TV but not with my own eyes. As we go deeper into the "village" and heading to where the "eatery-shop" which is located at the end of it... I was greeted by fishy-smell and right in front of me; hanged lots of dried-salty-fish (Ikan-Masin). I love to eat them but I can't buy them because my mom forbid us to eat 'em.

While waiting for our breakfast to arrive, I walked around to snap some pictures and had a short chat with the workers that are preparing and hanging the salty-fish... The owner was quite upset with me when he found out that I went into their "preparation room". So, I was being asked to come out and I got back to my table and started deleting some old pictures so that I could video the "village" on my way back. As I was busy doing it, I started showing Joshua & DGM my parents and my family photos which I had always ensure I keep them undeleted in my camera. So, they asked me if I'm homesick and I nodded my head with agreement. Honestly, I had never wanted to go home so badly as much as today...


Both Joshua & I had fish-porridge for breakfast while DGM enjoyed his kuey-teow soup. After our yet another filling breakfast, we left to Sandakan town. It's old but yet here, we see majority of fair-skin people on the streets. We visited our warehouse and my contractor's office. Started my training and they brought me out for lunch at the same seafood restaurant as last night's dinner: Ocean King. Even selected the same table! Hehehe... Lucky, they even checked with me whether I had eaten the same dishes and ensure they didn't do so.





After lunch, they brought me to the biggest Chinese temple in Sandakan. It's a hot day and I do not really feel like walking or sight-seeing much since I got here to Sandakan. I do not know why my enthusiasm sort of died... but I also felt the aches on my legs due to the heels that I wore the whole day yesterday and somehow, I may have over-strain myself during my exercise last evening also. Or it could be I walked to the Giant opposite the hotel that is about 1 km away?!


After completion of my training, they sent me back to the hotel by 2.30pm and was I glad that I can rest so much earlier. But as I had fallen asleep... my GM called me... and when I was trying to fall asleep again... Joshua called me... thus, I didn't get a full nap as I intended to.
Dinner was at 8pm and we had a good meal as pictures tell the story. I was given a choice to be excused from drinking with my DGM. And I'm glad I did because I seriously felt very tired and not-in-the mood to talk either.

No comments: