Monday, April 14, 2008

By road to Sandakan

Today, after having breakfast with Joshua & Dominic; our new recruit for Operation, we head to Sandakan which is 2.5 hours journey after checking out from Asia Hotel (for good this time). We left Lahad Datu about 11am but Joshua allowed me to stop a few places to have a glance of the "must-visit" place while we passed by.

First, we crossed a bridge over Kinabatangan River and Joshua started to tell me some stories about this bridge and the surroundings.

Agop Batu Tulug Museum - the limestone cave with 2 hollow "eyes" on the hill. I just see this place from the foot of the hill and nobody is around also to actually guide us to go into the cave. There are lots of coffin inside and I was told that this is the place where the first generation of Chinese that arrived to this place was buried.


At about 1pm, we arrived at the Sepilok Orang-Utan Sanctuary. Unfortunately the ticketing booth only re-open at 2pm, we are unable to go in to have a peep of the orang-utan. So, walked around the souvenior shop to see if anything worth buying back but couldn't find anything that attract my attention.



Shortly after about 15 minutes, we stopped by a shop for bread & coffee to feed our non-so-hungry tummy. I'm glad this is for lunch because I seriously need to try not to eat if possible. Met up one of our transporter and had some good laughed and chat while taking a break from the long drive. Then, we say our goodbyes and continue our journey into Sandakan town and checked-in to Tyng Garden Hotel.

While waiting for 4pm to go to the airport to pick up my Deputy Gen. Mgr, I managed to get a short nap after settling down in the hotel room. At the airport, I lingered around the few shops and at least, there is so much more to see in Sandakan airport. Browse thru to see anything to buy and planned to get a few gifts for my staffs before I depart on Wednesday.

After meeting up my DGM, we head back to our hotel area and the 2 men decided to have tea which is "pau" and fried-carrot-cake. I ordered a milo-ice and I love the fried-carrot-cake. Yummie! Delicious! Seriously, I thought I could stop eating but looks like meeting up my DGM will not give me the chance or my tummy a chance to rest... Hehehe... It's food again whenever with the DGM...

We head back to our hotel for a shower and meet up again at 8.30 for dinner. Again, we met up the same transporter and have dinner together. Seriously, I was still full from the fried-carrot-cake, I totally skipped rice. Just picked on some dishes on a smaller scale and called it dinner! I just can't wait to get back to the hotel to rest my tummy. Joshua is down with a fever. Guessed, there is a good reason for us to escape from drinking with the DGM and he also had to go back earlier to rest.

Unfortunately, I find it pretty discomfort because I started to feel something is not quite right with my stomach by the time I lied down... noisy... it's not hunger for sure!

No comments: