Monday, December 18, 2006

Ruin Holiday

Date: 15th December
Venue: Phoenix Hotel, S'pore
Woke up feeling nausea and headed into the toilet in a lighting and vomitted everything I had last night. Got back into bed and continue to sleep until 10am and headed out to get some bread at Centrepoint. Pogi was waiting for me as I took the access-card when I went out.

Feeling a little better, took a long walk to Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station thinking that we could get a free bus ride to Little India but only come to know that it's only for the weekends. So, we took the MRT station to Bugis as Pogi wanted to go Sim Lim Square to purchase electronic gadgets. 20 minutes in that place, I felt nausea again and I vomitted again. As I could feel that my blood pressure is reducing and I'm feeling dizzy, I took a cab back to the hotel while Pogi continue with his shopping.

The rest of the day was spend bed-ridden. Body-aching and fever and just feel lifeless. Everything I eat, will eventually ended in the toilet-bowl. By mid-night, I gave up in taking anything not even Panadol.

Date: 16th December
Venue: Aunt's place
I decided to call my aunt and tell her my condition and she adviced me to see a Doctor. So, I took a 15minutes MRT ride to her house and struggling to walk up-hill to her house from the MRT station. Was just in time to visit the clinic as I was the last patient allowed for the morning. Doctor Carol Lim adviced me to have an injection for speedy recovery and I was diagnosed to have "stomach flu" which is a contagious virus and not due to food-poisoning as we all thought earlier.

At night, I called mom and told her my condition and she told me that she is having the same symptom. And all this because of Little Samuel who bring us the "virus".

Date: 17th December
Venue: Aunt's place
On medication, there is nothing much can be done with my "holiday" but to sleep due to the drowsy pills. Slept the whole day and it rain the whole day too. Have not eat any meals for the last 2 days and I slowly had some food today. But I still do not have appetiate to consume much.

Date: 18th December
Venue: Home
Decided that I should head home and bought the earliest couch departing Singapore. My cousin brother dropped me off at Golden Mile Tower at 7am and he accompany me until the bus driver starts the engine. So much for a "bus-ride to Singapore and back"... Mom was laughing when I got back home and yes, I just can't wait to get home to be honest... Because I wanna get well and start eating again by Christmas, I had so many dinners @ parties to attend till New Year.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry u fall sick in s'pore. so bad. u seem to have been very very sick. :-s
u caught a very common virus in france :) ...
u can blame little samuel now, he did waste ur holiday ;) (i'm joking of course, u cant blame a little child...)
hope u recover soon.

Anonymous said...

in case i dont come back until christmas, i wish u a very nice christmas & new year's eve, and have nice parties with ur friends and family.

Faith said...

Hehehe... Of course, I won't blame little Samuel. :P

I'll make sure I get well 100% soon. And you have a very blessed Christmas holidays!! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

next time go singapore, pls call me loh. may be i can join you loh.hehehe

Anonymous said...

Aw maaan, sorry to hear about you being sick in Singapore. Nvm, faster get better coz its Christmas this Monday! *wheeeeeeeee* :) You so cannot miss out on the Xmas turkeys la :)

Faith said...

Oooohhhsss...

Turkey, turkey...
Can't wait for that too!! :D