Saturday, December 30, 2006

Company's NY Countdown

Initially, I wasn't planning to attend this event since I was the committee member. But my mom insisted that it's once a year event to "mark" the year end, I should just go and have fun. Thus, a week earlier, Loo Ing accompany me to Indian Street to purchase my attire. Of course, it was a short period of time to allow me actually scan thru the whole street but I'm okie with the purchase as I do not want to actually spend a big amount of money on it.

Was thinking to take a day leave to get myself ready for the event but somehow, a little voice inside me said otherwise. Since my attire is pretty easy to get into and I'm not into make-up, I am the only one that actually wore the Punjabi-suit to office during working hours. Most of my colleagues are quite amuzed when they saw me wearing it the whole day at work and somehow, I was in the mood for holidays and looking forward to the Bollywood night.

I was the 2nd earliest to arrive at the
Colonial Times at about 4.30pm but I do not really know why the committees are required to arrive 3 hours before the actual event kick-off. There isn't much to do other than putting up the backdrops and requesting the restaurant's staff to setup the tables & chairs accordingly. On my first impression to arrive, everything is so dull and ugly.


By 7pm, lights were dimmed and all the tables were lit with candles. Even the disco-ball were turning... and it's such a soothing ambience by then.

Overall, the night was kinda boring and I'm so tired. The music that the live-band sang was not really my type and not many people dance for the night either. Everyone were kind of laid-back, sitting & chatting away. Most of them left quite early as well. I left at about 1am which is the time that the restaurant allows us to have the last song.

Note: More pictures in Photo Gallery

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice places. hope i will go there in the future

Faith said...

:D
If you love Indian food, no harm giving it a try.

Anonymous said...

yup i like indian food , hope u will bring me there

Faith said...

Ooppss...
I don't eat "spicy" food therefore, it would probably be very hard for me to go there again.