Friday, December 22, 2006

*Gingerman Shortbread*

Since, I'm selected to be in-charge of the "gift-exchange" section for my CG Christmas party. Thus, I come up with the "fortune cookies" aka "gingerman shortbread" where I could insect a small piece of paper that has the gift no.# written on it. Well, it was just the fun of slowly chewing the cookie and not bite the paper into pieces in order to pick up your gift.

No cookie says Christmas more than a gingerbread-man cookie. That's why it was so important for me to look for the gingerbread-man cookie cutter. Went to ask around 5 shops but failed to get the cookie cutter at such a short notice. Thus, I had to make my own cookie cutter from the "thick-paper". Today, I think I spend about an hour plus in the office during lunch-time getting it done.

All I need to make shortbread are butter, plain flour, rice flour and sugar. Very simple ingredients and quite easy to prepare. Just the kneading need extra strength. Glad that I had my brother to assist me to give me that extra strength and baking the cookies.

~ Gingerbread-man : Am I cute?? ~

~ Gingerbread-man & friends ~

~ Gingerbread-man : Freshly baked, I'm ready!! ~

~ Butterflies-Shortbread for my brother's friends ~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute cookies :) ... you cook very well :)

Anonymous said...

u cook very well, but boleh makan keh? hehehehhehehee
merry cristmas to you faith, hope you get more money & happy all the way!!!

Faith said...

Stephane,

I didn't cook well... It's a simple recipe to make shortbread cookies but I just modify it a little.

**Shall I send you one Gingerbread-man? ;P

Last nite, I'm glad that my CG Christmas party love my macaroni salad and the cookies. :D

Faith said...

Juniur,
Christmas is not about getting "money" and we DO NOT get "money" as well.