Saturday, November 25, 2006

Lost & Found

Dad flew to China early last Sunday morning and at noon, received a sms from him informing us that his luggage did not arrive China airport. It got all of us worried especially my mom. Lots of "hu-ha" going on between my brother, my sister and my mom. In the midst of all these, I choose to keep much in silence in order not to add the "tougue-war" at home.

Gladly that on Thursday, dad dropped me a sms informing me that his luggage arrived safely and despite this, Mom still very worried; as expected... I failed to soothe or calm her. Occasionally, I still get repeated questions from her that somehow, I almost lost my patience. And again, I just dismissed it with an answer, "I do not know". Hehehe... I find this pretty easy way to solve any jigsaw-minded questions. I learned this "tactic" this year... Hhhmm... very useful!!

As I just got back from picking up my dad from the airport, I could not help chuckling when I recalled my conversation a day before my dad departed last week. It's either my brother or myself will be picking up my dad but the chances of it will be me. So, I throw dad this super-irritating question, "How come you do not have a ride home from airport since you have a ride there? You usually could arrange a ride home with your friends, right? How come not this trip?" and before he could answer, I laughed out loud at him and said, "You always ask me this questions when I go somewhere for vacation on a flight so now, it's my turn." Of course, Dad is my dad after all, and I do not expect an answer for my questions but he answered anyway... I was just in a mood to trick him around and wanting him to feel the way I feel when he throw me all the questions. Hehehe... this thought still lingers and I'm still grinning... gosh...

Departed home around 9pm as dad landed at KLIA at this time. But, he asked me not to go early because he wants to make some claim report for his luggage issue. Thinking that it's gonna be a slow drive, so I attempt to take the Banting road to Salak Tinggi instead of taking the Express Highway, because its free.

Wow... was I a little amazed that the 2-lane roads to Banting are kinda full of cars. Dad used to take this road every weekend when I was studying in Nilai because we find it much more interesting to look out the windows and see the village & its life... As for tonight, I could not be more amazed that Banting is slowly developing and it's not as "ghostly" as it was before. After leaving Banting town, the road narrowed to 1 lane and its pitch blackness with not a single street-light available. As remembered, I had to pass by Dengkil and look out for Salak Tinggi or any signboard of KLIA. But, seems like the journey was long and I did not quite dare to drive at top speed even though there is no cars in front of me. Mom who was next to me kept nagging me about my decision to take this "total pitch-black road" and was I just delighted when I saw "lights" finally!!

I could not deny that, one side of my brain was worried and another side of my brain was supporting my decision. But, the heart was pumping a little faster than usual. Mom told me that her heart was pumping very fast and her hand-hair is standing up too even though the air-cond was off in the car. Despite, the old-road is only 50km to the airport from my house and using the Highway will be additional of 20-25km, with the same amount of time. Never again will I attempt to try taking a "village" road at night... Thank God we all got back in 1 piece and I took the Express Highway on our way back. As dad is still busy telling the stories... I'm going to peep into the things he bought from China. Zzzooommm...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah go to times square also dun call me ah. hehe

no lah just joking only..

Faith said...

Aiyoh...

This "post" has nothing to do with Times Square also? U leave comment on the wrong "post" is it? Hhhmmm...

I thought you went to Berjaya Square on Saturday?