Sunday, November 26, 2006

A Day Out @ the busy City

Rushing... was the word to start of my journey to the city. Left church shortly after 11am and took the Komuter train to KL Central... I would said, since it's a Sunday, public transport could be quite a "snail" in Malaysia. Reached KL Central about 12.15pm and I walked a distance to the Monorail to catch my ride to Imbi where I could get out to Berjaya Times Square. Of course, I was about 10 minutes late for the movie: Open Season 3D at IMAX, Jaime & Alan waited for me outside the theatre. We were very much in luck that we got the VIP seats vacant; right at the top & right at the middle.

Since, I don't usually make a habit to watch every new movie that came out, having to spend RM20 for a 3D cartoon movie is worth it. Nevertheless, I'm sure IMAX has a lot more room for improvement if to compare with Movieworld's (Gold Coast) theatre for 3D short-movie & documentary.

Happily seated with the huge-3D glasses and holding my hotdog, took me a while to adjust to the new-environment of a brown grizzly bear name Boog & a single-antler deer name Elliot. As I find it a little dark the settings because of the glasses, I had to peep under the glasses a few times to find my way to munch my hotdog hungrily. That's when I realised that the glasses has lots of scratches. Hhhmm...

Synopsis: Open Season
My comment: I'm interested at the 3D effect that got me to watch it in the first place. In terms of the storyline, it's simple and not much of a catch. No cute cartoon characters that will leave me drooling or wanting to give them a squeeze or a hug. Boog is too large to hug and Elliot is just too skinny. Hahaha... This cartoon movie is actually the opposite of Over the Hedge. The animals here are supposed to go back to the "wilderness" while Over the Hedge; they are curious about the "city". Overall, it's entertaining enough to keep me awake since the other two fell asleep.

After the movie, we linger around at Berjaya Times Square as I have nothing plan for the day and not into much of the "shopping" mood. Watching a few kids learning how to roller-blades while Jaime figuring out whether to get a shoe or not. Basically, we were quite aimless about where we should be... I wonder was it that I was being the "lamp-post" or we just do not know what to do till dinner time?

We adjourned to Starhill to check out the Korean food that Alan was considering for dinner. He parked at Berjaya KL Plaza... as quoted by Jaime, "One Berjaya to another Berjaya". *Chuckled* We walked slowly from this building to another and when we got to the Korean restaurant, our eye balls just sorta-of popped out at the price. Not that we are not prepared for the price of Korean food.

As Starhill has very nice ambience at every each corner, we settled down for a drink. I was feeling a little hungry but as it's the odd hours, I don't usually take a meal just to satisfied the hunger. Thus, I ordered myself a chocolate banana smoothie while Alan had a beer and Jaime had strawberry smoothie. Oopppss... I was too hungry to remember to get a picture of our drinks. Hehehe... Alan did a good job to entertain us with his riddles and I won a 10 dollar note for a "cautious-mind" game, which I paid off for my drink. Not bad eh... I was asking Alan, "why not a 50 dollar note?" Hahaha... As we had plenty of time to spare, I was thinking of getting an unique beer but after scanning thru, I don't find anything special... so, smoothie should be sufficient.

Jaime was planning to go check out Lot 10 if there is anything worth buying or window-shop but it starts to drizzle when we were walking thru along the side-walks. This kind of weather, I just want to slouch on a big-soft couch, listening to light music and see the sky turn from blue to dark grey...

I think at about 5plus, all of us are tired of just walking aimlessly, we decide to leave KL and head to Bangsar for Korean restaurant: Bon Ga. And since its Sunday, there is a "pasar malam" too at Bangsar. Yyeeehhh... its been a while since I visited one and here, its kinda huge and sells all kinds of things... even fresh flowers and its going superb-cheap. Just RM4 for a dozen of roses!!!

It was very pleasant to be walking thru rows of stalls looking at food, flowers, vegetables, things... etc. I have no idea why but I enjoyed even I had to walk on heels. I think a little drizzle somehow makes the weather just simply nice... At one stall, the strawberries attracted my attention and just next to it, there are fresh mushrooms. I love 'em. But, I still called my dad to check if the price is reasonable; half a kilo of fresh mushrooms for RM4. He said it's fine and I bought it happily.

As the drizzle got a little heavier, we went into the nearest shop that sells DVDs & VCDs. Jaime got 1 season of
F.R.I.E.N.D.S and I was tempted to get Will & Grace but did not. Maybe, after I checked with Jaime if their DVD quality is good and then, I will get them. Just for my collection and whenever I need a "laugh" to fix my bad-day.

About 6plus, we got into Bon Ga and we are the first customer for the night. First impression of the decor was not too bad, but I find it more "chinese" than "korean". And if the waiter could at least greet us with the "welcoming korean greetings" that would very much start up the atmosphere. But no "Ahn nyeong ha se yo" to be heard. After looking thru the Menu, I ordered 'Bibim-Bap' (mixed-rice). Alan ordered the same. Jaime ordered Kimchi Stew. And we ordered a BBQ dish that consume marinated beef and octopus. And surprisingly, comes with 10 various korean appetizers. This is a Halal restaurant, not much choices of food can be ordered since pork can't be serve. Nevertheless, I enjoyed my meal very much because it's been about 2 years since I tasted Korean food.

~Bibim-Bap: my dinner, my all time favourite~

As Alan is a little worried with the thought that I had to take the Komuter train home, he insisted we should leave early. He dropped me off at KL Central and I reached home about 8plus after I picked up my car at the Klang station. I was freaky out when the Wira's alarm-key is not functioning. On a deserted and dark street, I was struggling endlessly hitting the alarm-key on my lap (until I get a little bruise now) and with some people sitting at the nearest Mamak shop, probably thinking that I'm trying to steal the car. As I was about to make a call to my dad for a rescue, God helped me by allowing the alarm-key to function again.

Safe and sound, I'm gonna take a warm shower and tug myself into bed.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry. i put it in the wrong post. silly me ah. lol

yup , i went there on sat, but i want to watch movie mah on sunday with you mah. u belanja but i pay later loh. hehehhe

p/s .. put this song . unfaithful by rihanna. damn cun

Anonymous said...

It's okie lar... :P
Probably you're half-awake.