Thursday, August 24, 2006

Soot, Ash & ...

What a day & week? I have not touched the keyboard the whole day... and the feeling of blogging somehow overwhelm me now...

Hhhmm... I was feeling a bit dressy this morning, so I wore my brand new pants and a flowery-print blouse; which I don't usually do. I woke up early this morning because I had an early night the night before. So, took a slow drive to work and when I reached office, the main entrance was wide open and everything looked gloomy. What happened?? Then, I was told that the office was on fire last night at 9pm. The surau was on fire and the power supply for the 1st floor is there and the server room for the whole company is just next to it.

What puzzled me was, why the whole 1st floor full of soot from ceiling to floor-carpet; even the drawers that are inside are affected?? When you touched it, its a little oily and of course black!! Yuck!! My brain just freezed at 8am when I saw the condition of my work-station. I had just moved into that cubicle last Tuesday and yes, I had just clean and arranged 2 days ago!! My body and muscles are still swollen from the cleaning and moving. Oohhh... I can't see further so I went to the next block where everything still in perfect good condition... I was wailing... to my Account colleagues... Then, I was asking myself, "How am I going to clean my work-station with my new pants?!?!" and then, I phoned Jaime and told her what happened in a brief. Since, she left her house, I don't really want to disturb her parents by changing or getting rags from there. So, I called my mom and told her what happened and asked her to get my brother to drop by my office on his way to college. Ahhh... just cannot belief this... I had to like-wipe the table 4-5 times in order to get it back to the normal situation. And the worst part is, the ceiling & lights are still covered with soot. So, no matter how clean I wipe now... its gonna go down the drain again... Therefore, I didn't work at all today... as in documentations... but cleaning instead... I told my colleagues that I don't even clean these much at home... and the big boss don't even allow us to go back and asked us to clean our own work-station. So unfair and selfish to hire more cleaners... Only got 3 additional cleaners to clean 2 floors and they probably drop-dead tonight. I know I'm now... I just took a long shower to really wash the blackness away... even got into my ear... and my lungs for sure... After all this, probably I need to get a good massage and a body-scrub.

Gosh... I have no more energy to type... I won't be able to touch the computer at office for quite a while because the investigator refused to allow us to fix the power supply box. Sad but true, will be away from the real-world for a while...

4 comments:

Agnes said...

Sorry to hear about the fire at the office. Gawd, there must be much to clean up after that, I cannot even begin to imagine how much effort that'll take..and the smell that lingers must be quite bad too. Did they managed to find out how did the fire start?

Faith said...

*sob* Its still under investigation. But, suspect its the 1st floor main power-box that started burning...

I will take pictures today of the remains of soot & ash that has not been clean up...

Jaime said...

Poor thing...

Hope you're feeling better now...

Faith said...

My muscle & bones are better today but my fingers has minor blister from keep-on rinsing the rags to wipe everything...