Saturday, August 26, 2006

55 minutes...

This morning, I had to scrub & brush 2 buckets of socks; black and white colour each. Including my brother's and my dad's socks inside. Having blisters on my fingers and palms from the office cleaning, rinsing & squeezing rags, I really thinking 5 times on putting my hands into that 2 buckets...

Home alone, I decided to dump in the 2 buckets of socks into the washing machine. Mom treat it like her 2nd husband since the kitchen and the laundry corner are her "palace". Its my first time, washing something with it since it was newly bought few months ago and also its my first time touching the washing machine at home. The last time, I touched a washing-machine was in PNG where I did all my laundry myself. But, at home, mom do not allow us to touch her "precious gem"...

So, I was starring thru the glass door of the washing machine for 55 minutes and I decided to come online when it starts its "softener treatment". Was a little worried in the beginning because lots of suds foaming, from 1/4 of the tub to full tub. Remembering that my colleagues were telling stories about the "right washing powder to purchase", I recalled them saying, top-load and front-load has different washing powder. Then, only I know such a knowledge... So, I was really worried just now when I was starring at it and praying that the suds do not come out thru the door...

Think if my mom would to know what I did this morning, she probably start yelling and nagging me if I would to proudly tell her what I did... "Waste water and electricity for 8 pairs of socks!!" So, I'm not going to tell her... Sssshhhh... Think the clean socks are ready to remove and hang them to dry now... what a Saturday to spend starring thru the glass door of a washing machine, heh?


No comments: