Sunday, August 13, 2006

Once a Chapter of my life... (Part 2)


Events in Year 2004
A year that lots happened... met a lot of people... life is always full of activities (functions & events) and excitement... been a year full of lots of smiles...

Kiing & I in the office; picture taken with a Nokia.


Sharon & I during lunch break, picture taken with a Nokia.


Valentine's Day, I have a date with Alvin at Asian Aroma. Last year, I got two roses & little bears send to my office from Alvin and Moses. Which by this year, they are dried flowers standing in their plastic-tube in the office. Of course, now I would very much love to bring back with me but only the bears survive in my luggage. Alright, back to dinner at Asian Aroma ~ we ordered a set-dinner that cost Kina 99 for two. *chuckled* Everything presented were in heart shapes... sure something on the plate will be... This is my first time having a dinner out for Valentine's in my life, so I have so many gasps and oohhh... when I see the food presentation... Pictures will tell you everything. After our "heart-shape" dinner, we adjoined the rest at Ichizen where we hang out until the place closed.



♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

In March, I started driving in Port Moresby after secretly got a License and I have been driving alone to town for job-purposes and once, 2 policemen came into my car too. Wanted to bribe for money because my car got scratched by someone else when parking in the town. It was just a mild-scratch but the 2 policemen make it until its such a big deal... at first, didn't know what they wanted because they just automatically get into the car uninvited. They direct me to a kinda quiet street and slowly it sinked into my brains what they want. Lucky, I was acting stupid and told them I have no cash with me by showing them my wallet. So, I told them to get out of the car when I reached the busy-town again and left them the company number to call if they wanted to be "helpful". Hehehe... Alvin & I love to travel around the hilly-side of the town and occassionally we stumble over beautiful things and scenaries. Here are some of them... And a dinner-gathering at Seoul House. Click on the pictures to get a better view...

For Easter break, we booked ourselves to the private island named Loloata. It was simply rest & relax & close to nature. Only cost us about Kina500 for 4 days 3 nights including meals & boat transfers, usually people don't come to this island for so many days but Sharon, Alvin & myself think that we need the extras. Hehehe... and we were not disapointed at all with the warm & friendly treatment. We are treated with a first-class service and on my last day, I was craving for coconut-water and one of the staff personally climb the coconut tree to pluck 2 coconuts for us. My most memoriable moment and an island I would want to go back again... (Photo Album: Loloata) (More about :Loloata Island)



One fine weekend in April, we got up very early to go Pacific Adventist University (PAU), its about 30-45 minutes drive and we came here to buy fresh local vegetables and fruits. Because the students here grow them as their projects, we get them at a very cheap price. After our purchase, we go round this huge University and have a picnic. Then, we stopped by at the memorial place where those heroic Australians were buried near the start of the Kokoda Trail. I'm not very sure what this place called because I was kinda blur in the morning... so, towards the noon... my brains malfunction... (Photo Album: PAU)



A dinner gathering at Ichizen and follow by cocktails and still the night is young, we went to Crowne Plaza Hotel for coffee...



This year my birthday, its a double-celebration. My housemates had one for me and of course my buddies brought me out for a fine-dining dinner at Cellar at Shady Rest Hotel. At Unit 6, Kiing & Esther organised a short-cake-blowing & cutting ceremony for me with all the little kids surround me to help me to blow the candle. I asked them not to prepare any food for me since I'll be out with the others. They bought me a delicious fruity-cake. Second section with Alvin, Sharon, Elcid & Raymond... we hang out together so how can they not celebrate for me, right? Hehehe... Cellar is a very cosy fine-dining restaurant, where its dim-light set the romantic and serenade mood to every functions. It has few hundreds of empty wine bottles lining side by side each other on the top of a shelf slightly below the ceiling. That decor attracted me and second is the wine/beer barrels that both Raymond & Sharon wrote on to mark my Birthday. After dinner, we adjoined to the Tapas Bar within a few steps... we didn't hang out here, just dropped by to check it out. Its electric-blue neon light has a special effect but no one was there. Probably still too early and on a weekday. That's how I celebrated my 25th birthday... a quarter century of my life... (Photo Album: Birthday)



In May also, we visited the Botanical Garden because Raymond is kinda the newest in town compare to all of us so, we bring him around... its a fauna and floral place. Its situated like 15 minutes drive from our residential and entrance is about Kina 3. Some local nationals will take their vows here. Weather was just beautiful when we got there and it was my second visit. (Photo Album: Botanical Garden)


Sometime in July, I surprised everyone with my latest hair-cut, I "chopped" off my long mane. Hehehe... Never had I cut my hair as short as this before and everyone were wondering what happened to me, "Is it heart-broken?""What happened?" ~ all the shocking looked... Nah, just wanted to keep in short and easy to manage with my current fast & furious activities, I don't have time to take care of the hair. And it makes showering so much more pleasant. Ohh.. la la.. Some of them still think that I looked better in long-hair and some of them took a while to diggest in their mind that I have short-hair. You all judge and let me know...



Well, other than this rather "shocking-hair-makeover"... Alvin, Sharon & I treated ourselves one night at the most finest-dining restaurant in Port Moresby, and of course, its very expensive too. But the ambience is very magical... and one pianist will continuously serenade us with slow and romantic songs... and the most amazing thing is, he can play without song book for the whole night... and even if we request a song, he gave us the most charming smile and he played it. Where can you find this kind of thing these days... he is so talented. So, PNG do have talented people... I hope he is paid well for that... The only thing I could comment is, they should have a grand-baby-piano to perfect the whole interior. I wrote that on their Suggection card and if I'm not wrong, they probably got a baby-grand-piano by now... not sure...


In August, its my roommate's birthday, I make her their all-time-favourite cheesecake. Don't be too surprised with the ugly presentation but its *yummie*, right to those that had eaten? Of course, we have other food as well prepared by Kiing & Jenny. We had nice time... both preparing the food and eating them later... Pictures time with the whole "family of Unit 6"... "my second home"... except Olive is not around...




In September, flew to Brisbane & Gold Coast with Kiing, Voon, Samson and Esther. Pictures are in my Gallery. Had an awesome time and I love the weather... it was Spring ... that makes me wanna stay there longer. But of course, its a vacation... Some bad-luck befallen me during this trip, I sprained by ankle on the 2nd day at MovieWorld and thus on 3rd day at Seaworld, they rented me a wheelchair... oohh... so embarrassing... Lucky, it was nothing serious... recovered and jump-about after I returned to Port Moresby...


Events in Year 2005

A year of lots of decision-making as my employment contract expired, of course my boss would want me to continue and so are some others... but family members and friends in Malaysia wants me to return. Therefore, lots of tears as well and that is why, I choose not to blog about it and simply want to forget this year ever happened... Nevertheless, my dad touched me with the most comforting words at times like this and Jaime's continuous support, I over-come the biggest depression in my life slowly...



The Chapters ends here......
Eventhough, I didn't managed to post everything and everywhere that I go while I was in Port Moresby, but these are the few that had somehow leave strong memories... If those of you who are interested to know more about Papua New Guinea; the land of unexpected... here are two informative website that I wished I could have stumbled over it earlier when I was there... (About PNG; Places in PNG)


~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~



~: Special Thanks :~


Alvin ~ photographing is his 2nd passion. 90% pictures are taken by him.

Kiing & Esther ~ my 2 big sisters who take good care of me all the time.

Olive ~ taught me well in my career path.

Others who I didn't specially write your name,

You plant a seed in my heart as well.



~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~




No comments: