Friday, April 15, 2011

West End Stars in Concert

Jaime invited me to go with her for this concert about a month ago. This is the second time Jaime asked me to go with her to watch / hear Stephen Rahman-Hughes (Bombay Dreams) live. Of course, Stephen was even more popular this year with the movie Hikayat Merong Mahawangsa debut that I wanted to support our own Malaysian made movie by KRU but since it's in Malay, I changed my mind. But, this time around, there are two other hunks too; Simon Bailey (Les Miserables) and Ramin Karimloo (Phantom of the Opera). Honestly, I've never watch any of the famous musical play because growing up & studying in Malaysia has not exposed me to any of this famous musical play due to many reasons. Not only the tickets are superb expensive but also, they don't come to Malaysia!

I remembered I couldn't afford Mamma Mia but the movie was good enough to watch. And Beauty & the Beast was a free ticket that Jaime invited me along. So, yup... I enjoyed that at KL Conventional Centre.

West End Stars was in Istana Budaya and first timer here, felt the place is tradisionally old and the carpet has that misty smell too. So upon entering the building, my eyes are darting everywhere trying to look for a familiar celebrity or a friend that I know. But... nah... no one. Collected our tickets and we headed our way up to where we should. Honestly, I was a little lost and all I did was just tagged along Jaime's back. She was quick with her steps.


Due to a bad traffic jam, the concert started late as they needed to wait for the VVIPs I guessed. So, while waiting, I took a few shots and play around with my camera settings... while checking at the same time that the ushers are not around to stop me.


Signboards were up saying no photograph and recording and etc... But, before the concert starts, the MC announced that everything is possible, you can take lots of photos and lots of video and blog and twitt about it *chuckled*. So, I was back busy-ing taking some snap shots from the cheapest-seat we bought. From my seat, the three men were just the size of 2cm to me so guessed only their voice and by zooming my camera can allow me to see a better size of them but yet, it's blurry...


I'm surprised they asked us to stand up for the Negara-Ku.

Yet another surprise for the night was Jacyln Victor's appearance and duet with Stephen.

The night just full of surprises; they ended with a Malay song that I've never heard it before but according to Jaime, it's an old-timer.


Personally feels that the backup dancers are a bit too fleshy and not sexy. Maybe, this is Malaysia and so they are not allowed to reveal too much skin. The seat we had, several times the lightings were aim right at my eyes!! Are they trying to blind us who can't really afford the tickets?! Tonight, I'm not here to blog about how awesome they are but merely just how I feel about the overall event and the place. I thought I could mingle around a little after the concert but Jaime is in a rush to go back to her beloved at home. I had better time in Stephen's solo-concert in DFP a year back.

Links: News Straits Times article & A lucky winner's blog

No comments: