Saturday, April 23, 2011

Goat Milk Diet Kicks Off...

Since several months back, I'm getting very frequent skin rashes especially on my legs. Initially, it was just at my two feet many years back but now, it took a turn and added more upwards to my legs. And most recently, even some parts of my body and arms. *stressed* Tried many lotions and oilments and even stopped lots of seafood but seems situation is not getting any better.

So, Mom suggested I take back goat's milk and see whether my skin condition will improve. We used to get goat's milk fresh from the goat-farm whereby the India uncle will deliver to our house and Mom has to heat up the milk every morning supposely to kill the germs & bacteria before I drink it and for me, the taste & smell are tolerable. The idea of warm milk every morning was not very satisfying so this time around, Mom found a better & easier supplier! Here, every Saturday at the wet market, a lady sells pasteurized goat's milk. Yipee! Cost wise... it has increased tremendously since about 2-3 years back. Now, it's RM5 for 200ml.

Mom bought one bottle for me to try last week and it tasted alright and acceptable. So, this week, Mom got me 5 bottles and I'm suppose to start drinking it every morning from today onwards. And the lady told my mom, she can get them to deliver to our house but I think we have to purchase a minimum of 12 bottles per delivery. So, I tried to call the number given to me but nobody picks up since last week. Strange... Guessed, have to miss a few days without goat's milk then until next coming Saturday to purchase a week's supply.




And this morning, my breakfast are goat's milk and egg tart. *Yummie* Empty bottle from last Sunday's consumption. Pretty bottle but label is pre-printed so, can't actually recycle the milk bottle to be use for other function. Mom checked with the lady this morning, she said can sell back for Rm0.20 per empty bottle. Kekeke... better than nothing!

1 comment:

Faith said...

After 5 days of goat's milk diet, I'm craving for my coffee this morning. So, I thought I'll flavoured my goat's milk with instant coffee powder.

*OMG* Yuck! I can't take it!! :(