Saturday, April 30, 2011

Applelic'ous Jam

The apples that I made enzyme with a few months ago been crying out attention since I've finish consume the juice. So, what can you do with the apple-cubes if not jam? Kekeke... It's pretty easy to do and the process doesn't take long either. Just about 30minutes, I'm all done cooking it. Here are the ingredients I used....

*Chopped Apples*

*Cinnamon Ground; this is only available in my fridge*
*Mom asked me to used up all the packed-sugars collected from the Hotels but end-up, I didn't used them because the white sugar from the container is sufficient to sweeten my apple portion*

*1 teaspoon of butter, I simply just used any that is available because I think it helped to glaze the apple from burning while it's on high heat*

*Add the apples into a non-stick pan; Add the same amount of water as the apple portion. In my case is 1 cup of apples and 1 cup of water. Top it with 1 teaspoon of Butter*

*This is after 10 minutes stirring it on high heat. Water dried up and butter melted. When you started seeing it boiling and bubbles, reduced the heat and put it to simmer. Smashed up the apples and add the sugar. After the sugar melted, you can dash some cinnamon ground / powder to your liking. I like the cinnamon aroma.*
*Scoop the jam into mini-beer mug as I've no idea the amount I cooked can fit into what sizes of glass container, so I can only play around with the glass-containers. Leave them to cool while I cleaned up the cookery utensils and pan.*
*Isn't this look simply applelic'ous??*
*Last but not least, chilled it in the fridge.*

I should think the apple jam goes very well with a hot-toast bread.

No comments: