Saturday, March 29, 2008

Injured Dusty

Poor Dusty, got injured at its right-front paw. We brought it to the Vet and get it bandaged... Personally, I don't like cats so you can pretty much expect me not to go too near of it in case it might just scratch me... It was raining so heavily on the way to the Vet. Dusty was meowing non-stop when it enter the car and thank goodness, I drove the Kembara so at least, Dusty won't be able to see the road and got all freak out by the movement. To my understanding most pets don't like to travel in a car... This trip really brought me back to the memories of how my Dad and I struggled to send the Basset Hound to my granny's place many months ago...

At the vet, Dusty who hates the place, continue to meow for its life occasionally... By the time the Doctor is able to check on it... that's when I noticed that Dusty is such a huge cat, compare to all the other stray cats on the street... It makes alot of different being a house-cat and a stray-cat... Well, it was a struggle to soak Dusty's right-front paw into the iodine & salt warm mixture to kill the germs, infections and to improve the blood-circulation... But when wrapping up it's paw, it allow the Doctor to do it without any hassle... I was thinking, how about giving Dusty a sling... so, it will be limping on three paws instead of four... Have you seen a cat with a sling?

The trip back for Dusty was a pleasant and peaceful one, being a smart cat, it knew that we are heading back to its home... Personally, I had never been to a Vet, other than the smell of it, I enjoy looking at the 2 dogs that visited the Vet and have some chuckled seeing their expression and trying to catch their attention... There were a Pug and a sly-foxy looking dog... Hope I can get a dog of my own one day...

No comments: