Friday, September 14, 2007

BBQ Lattern Festival

This is the first time my company is organising a BBQ Lattern Festival in our company's compound. And unfortunately, I'm put to in-charge again for this event and the worst part was, only in the morning, was I told that I had to be the emcee as well due to the previously arranged staff is already on medical leave for 2 days. With much protest and yet, I was treathen to be refered to the Corporate Service GM for a "brain-wash/lecture" if I do not want to be.

~ I was trying to get a good shot of the latterns~

Despite the very much sadness creeps, the excitement for the event enpower me and I was honestly not in much mood to work after 2pm as I was running around, getting things ready with the rest of the committee members and it started to pour heavily around 2plus also. And for the rest of the evening, it was drizzling once a while and by around 7pm, we hang the latterns and I think we really need "them" to lift up the festive-mood.

I did not get much chance to savour the delicious food as how I could and should due to the constant pressure from being the emcee and not forgeting shouting my lungs out to get the whole bunch of people to listen to me who happened to be small and petite size girl. What more, there is no microphone for me.... What?!?! When I first throw out the question in the morning, the rest of the committees looked at me as though I was talking in "alien-language" and by the evening, I really freaked out because there isn't a microphone after all!

Overall, it was kinda messy with the things not prepared properly by the Chairlady because I can't be emcee-ing and go arrange the props for the games, right? I have no idea what is the matter but towards the end of the night when I was just sitting and listening to some colleagues' jokes about the "propective bartender", I overheard the big boss thanking the Chairlady and 1 of the staff (who wasn't even the committee) for the event and he left the party. I was almost falling asleep by 9plus and despite I was forced to stay-back to clean up, I did not after hearing what the big boss thanking people who didn't even do anything, my "mood" to continue to stay just vanish with the thin-air that is around me... Me; who yelled my lungs out did not even get a personal thank-you?!?! I had enough of this... I left with much dissapointment inside...

No comments: