Sunday, February 22, 2009

Down-South

It's not my first driving trip down-south but it still never stop to amazed my relatives....

Just got back from driving and spending 2 days 1 night in Johor Bahru for my 3rd Uncle's wedding luncheon. On Friday, had this thought that if I could escape from going on this trip, I would very much be delighted about it. But then, I cannot just let my dad drive all the way there... then, there is the "obligations" to consider. Despite with my uncomfortable mood, I just go...

There was an emergency plan that my sister's family may not be able to go Singapore after the wedding luncheon so, we actually standby the hotel enquiries. Upon hearing that, I was so delighted on Thursday because that's the opportunity that my parents & I would be able to check-into a hotel too instead of cramming into my 1st Aunt's place in Taman Perling. Anyway, the news on Friday was, my sister was able to make it after all as my brother-in-law's passport finally got collected out. So... back to putting up at my Aunt's place.

Along this trip, my 3rd & 4th Aunt followed our car and my 3rd Aunt wanted to test out her newly purchased GPRS device. So, every time I drove to the limit of 105km/hour, the voice will prompt, "Please slow down" but if I drove above 110km/hour, it's all silence even if I drove to the speed of 130km/hour, it's all silence. *Chuckled*

The wedding luncheon was a small, simple and normal occassion but the food was so big portion that most of it ended being "doggy-packed" and for those of us who had to put up at my Aunt's place, it became our dinner on Saturday as well.


Despite that on Saturday, I had some complains from my granny and who else I have no idea for using the bathroom too long, I just make a remark to my mom, "If they need to use it, why can't they knock since I'm just changing & getting my make-up done?" Nowdays, I have no idea whether was it I'm getting older & super-sensitive that I'm getting so sick of my granny's attitude & comments towards me or she is just being old and she had too many requirements that I had to meet but all her other grandchildren doesn't seem needed to do so. It's always my sister and myself that get this kind of "comments"... Shucks! I really don't get it... *shake head shake head*

For this trip, I had opened the eyes of many of my relatives that "YES! I'm capable to DRIVE a CAMRY which is a huge car and driving 650++km of distance within 36 hours!!"

Well, they still never stop being amazed when they found out that I drove the whole trip to Johor from Klang when I reached my Aunt's place in Taman Perling & I only made 2 toilet-stops to clean up my "monthly-blood-charity" and to stretch my legs.

For the retuning trip, another remarked popped out by my "to-be-cousin-bro-in-law" which my mom told me later in the car, "HUH? SHE is driving back?" and I just chuckled a bit to my mom, "Why not? It's not my first time... besides, who said a petite lady like me cannot drive?" and I think if my sister would be the one driving also, probably the same remark will be given. But of course, she is more fortunate than me, she is happily married and she don't have to get all this remarks heard thru her ears.

Not that I mind the way my relatives' complaint, comment or remarked... but, I always find them pretty insulting if it's way-too-much within a few hours. But, I'm proud and I MUST do this in favour of my parents bringing me up and I had to chauffeur them around especially for long-distance like this. So, that comforts me... and made me proud to be able to do this for my parents. For this trip, amazingly, I had gained 2 of my aunt's trust that... "Faith is good at manuvering her Camry." I'm very sure one of my aunt's compliment meant alot to me because she is not a lady that easily get satisfied. Not that I want to find favour in her mind & heart, but at least, there is a level of acceptance now.

No comments: