Friday, November 27, 2009

My Cactus is Living

This cactus finally shows me that it's continue LIVING!! Hooorrraaayyyy!!!!

About a week after I got it as a gift, one evening I noticed the current brownish part become soften & lifeless. I was devastated when overnight a full green cactus turned red-brownish top-part half of it's size.

And I googled up about it, wondering what does reddish-brownish colour cactus means. Some research and reading tells me cactus do not need daily watering and needs alot of sunlight. So, I make sure it has plenty of sunlight for the whole week but condition still remain for several weeks. Thank God the bottom portion remains green and firm.

On 22nd October, I decided to re-pot this cactus as it breaks my heart to see its condition and I'm delighted that I'm finally seeing it alive again! Today, I see mini-growth whereby, it's as though "babies-cactus" growing out from the brownish portion. Two are sprouting at the top and two more sprouting in the middle; where the brownish portion ends.

No comments: