Sunday, May 03, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic: D'Movie vs D'Book

Out of 5 Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series, I have completed reading 4 of her series books. And her 1st book was adapted into a movie; "Confessions of a Shopaholic" is screen in all the cinemas recently. Tonight, I decided to watch it and my initial intention was to have a face to all the characters in her writings. Of course, the genuinity still is the book characters and not the movie's characters. But to my shocked, the story line is so different as compare to the book!!

1) Becky actually got the £20 from Brandon in a conference and not in a hot-dog-stand.

2) Brandon is from Brandon Communication and not Successful Savings; and thus Becky never work for Brandon in the book.

3) Alicia supposed to be Brandon's personal assistant and not someone working in another Company and not Brandon's girlfriend in the book.

4) Tarquin already Suze's boyfriend in the movie. And I don't recall that Becky actually sold-off her bridesmaid dress after being taken away to be sold in the book? Further to that, Suze is never angry or upset with Becky ever in the book.

And the list goes on...

I think there are more differences from d'movie versus d'book. I do not understand how a movie can be adapted from a book with so much difference in the story lines... Just didn't expected this to come... The movie ended in a very funny way when Becky exchanges all her money from her auction into pennies and put them all in jars to leave them all in Derek Smeath's office. Of course, in the book, Becky actually did deposit her payment on a normal way.

I shall get back to my 5th series of her book...

No comments: