Thursday, December 25, 2008

Turkey & Wine

This year, I decided that I want to celebrate Christmas Eve somewhere outside and if possible wanna go somewhere to countdown & celebrate it with some restaurant crowds at the strike of 12. For a difference...

How can Christmas be without turkey?! And wine?! Thus, arranged to have dinner with Scott at Victoria Station, Taipan as I have surf the net to check where I can have both turkey & wine. Since I don't want to take the hassle to go home after work and then, comes out again for dinner, most people gave me a surprise-smile whenever I walked to some other departments at work. Needless me to elaborate more... (for those who knows me well and see me everyday at work, will know why).

Firstly, I had to give credit to Jasmine who gave me a very strong encouragement to organize the dinner last night and also getting me prepared for it both mentally, physically and spiritually. Hehehe... *grin* I'm not trying to exaggerate but it's really true!

Despite that part of the Christmas Eve plan was not able to "materialize" but I'm still happy to have proceed with the dinner. I'm sorry if I may in some ways give Victoria St, Taipan a bad comment but their service and food is really not to my expectation. I had made an advance reservation by a few days and yet, when we got to the main door, the waiter/waitress don't even check if any reservation was made. And the place is packed like sardine and we sat at a corner of a mini-staircase. Yes, I agreed as it's the festive season but it's not the first time, this restaurant celebrate them. They should have hire enough staffs to accommodate the peak-season. We were told that no cocktails or a glass-wine can be ordered by one of the higher-level waiter (that wears a coat). So, we still wanna try our luck so we placed our orders of cocktails with a lower-level waiter. He was a young and friendly waiter that took our orders and came back with the bad news. But he was so much better than the waiter-with-a-coat.

We left Victoria Station immediately after our meals that don't seems to appetizing either and feeling over-crowded and warm at the same time. Scott decided to hang out at one of his friend's place and so we went there to start drinking. Here, I met Yan & Sarah; their baby is fast asleep when we got there. After the introduction & pouring each of us a glass JD, we sat down to play cards. Yan has the obscene cards which the men are in bottom-less *chuckled* After a few rounds, we got bored with the card-games so Sarah suggested we played this boardgame called: TABOO. Gals vs Guys and Gals won! I had a great time with this game!!

2 comments:

JazzyBaby said...

eh i did the encouragements meh? lol.
anyway, glad u had fun despite the not-so-fun dinner, but all's well ends well! hehehe... im ready to pour more cranky supports for anything! hehe...

Faith said...

Remembered, we even go to that extend of buying my first make-up set? *lol*

All because of what? Hehehe... Needless me to answer on that.

Thanks again!