Monday, June 12, 2006

~My Little New Camry~

On a normal Friday, returning home from work... was about to press the button for the auto-gate, there I saw "My Little New Camry"... Yeh! Yeh! Been waiting for it for two weeks. After all those hassles and comments from my family members.. with my sturbon attitude, just go ahead to purchase one.


As this is my first new car, I sure felt proud to owe one and hopefully, I'll be getting all the smile and joy while driving it for the first few weeks. Before getting the car, my dad said that its not a good action to purchase a car that worth more than Rm100 thousand, so every time when we enter into any car showroom, he will always walk towards the lower or middle range car. Between 1500cc to 1600cc. As for me, I'll walked towards the higher range car; 2000cc and above. He said lower or middle range car is economical and cheaper maintenance. Well, other comment from my brother; "Such a small & petite size, wanna drive a big car? You gonna have trouble parking and entering and leaving the house porch." And I simply just replied, "Practise makes perfect". Then, there is my sister's comment; "Why do you need such a big car? Have you consider the after-purchase-cost? Eg. Insurance, petrol, service" And my replied, "Hmm... not sure, have some savings to cover them or worst, start saving now." Other than my family members, my best friend is the only one knew that I'm gonna get a new car. Also, it was just a co-incident news that I break to her. And I was just as amazed with her feedbacks but it was a positive one. And the next day, when we were chatting about it and about getting what car plate number, she told me, "Eh, Camry sure looks big, I was driving behind one last evening..." and all I could do was chuckled. Coming from her; "Camry big????". Hahaha... she is like driving a Merc once a blue moon. All in all, my Mom gave the best support. She is cool and excited. And she actually told my grandma about me getting it and there goes a few more comments from my grandma. Haha...

As dad has retired a year ago and just celebrated his 56th birthday, it is my gift to him this year. 2 days before his birthday, I urged him to bring me to the Toyota Showroom cum shop and remind him to bring his cheque book. He hesitated a while and kept asking me to make my visit on the next day, and I replied, "Come on, its today or never..." We make an appointment before we went to the shop so that the Salesman can prepare himself and allow us to have a test-drive. We reached the Showroom cum shop, and it was kinda packed with visitors as the new Yaris and Wish are there for viewing. So, we waited for a while and the Salesman took us to the Yard for the test-drive. As they don't have any 2000cc for us to test-drive, we had the 2400cc instead. In order to allow us to make some comparison, he adviced us to test-drive the Altis 1800cc. Returning back to the shop, we sat down to discuss the procedures and the price and trying to get some good discounts and etc.


Even though, the car plate wasn't what my dad and me wanted. But, the last choice was still being choosen by my dad. He personally tag along with the Salesman to JPJ to select his number. And so co-incidently, he picked the number that has some resemblance to the date of the car being registered with JPJ which he didn't know until I highlighted to him. Two days before I got my car, my sister called me in the office to ask me about something and before she hang up, she asked me if I have got my car and told her, "Not yet" and she asked again, "Do you know that you have to pay quite a lot for the petrol?" and I goes blur and replied, "Yeah... I already paid everything, now only you wanna worry about how much I need to pay for petrol?"


Okie okie... that's before the car arrived. Back to the present, I didn't even change (still in my office attire), I hopped into my "Little New Camry" and start to remove the plastic covers and admiring the interior and exterior with my dad. Then, my neighbour who also just got back from work saw the car and started talking to my dad. Thinking that it was my dad that bought it and when he found out that it was me... you can't imagine how big his eyes grew and with a smile and a laugh, he remarked, "Woh!" After dinner, I took a de-tour of the car and learn up the several button functions with my brother and dad. I'm gonna sleep with a smile and dreaming of myself driving it...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woh! Such a small size girl driving a big car?? *Eyes wide open*

Anonymous said...

*Stress* Driving during the 1st week coz can't be too careful. But...

Yeh yeh *dancing in circles*, I'm finally getting the hang of driving it now. And soon, I'll be bullying people on the road *shy*. Nah... not my style...