Wednesday, March 04, 2009

PantyHose

Today, I wore a dress to work thinking I needed to wash it already so must well get it over with and discontinue it from being hang on the rail in the room to collect unwanted dust.

So, I decided to put on my new-pantyhose that I bought from Guardian which I purchased them the other day when I was with Jaime. It’s good that Jaime assist me to pick up the right one that matches my skin-colour.

Actually, it’s my first time wearing pantyhose for work or as a matter of fact; for real!! *chuckled* Laugh all you can when you read this…

When I was younger, I used to see them a lot around when I see my mom wears it and after wash it, I’ll sometimes play with it and put them on to my feet or hand and all the way up. But, that was just “playing around” with my mom’s pantyhose. Never had any of my own so I’m like pondering over the “effect” of wearing it for the 8 hours at office…

Thinking of how I put them on this morning in the car, I also feel a little embarrassed… but, I couldn’t imagine wherelse I could put them on other than in my car since, it will be slippery for me to walk from my room all the way downstairs into my car. And, I’m the type that cannot drive in heels so that’s the second reason; I cannot put on the pantyhose in my room prior leaving my house.

Pantyhose supposed to make the legs or calves look silky-smooth. And my intention of getting the pantyhose was to reduce having blister on my foot when I’m wearing my not-so-new elf-shoes (It’s actually a sharp-pointy covered-shoe) that I bought last year but only wore it 3 times including today. Thinking that by wearing it with a pantyhose and the regular of wearing the shoe, I hope to soften the shoe and I can one day wear it without the pantyhose.

There are pros and cons on wearing pantyhose for the first time in my life.

Good Feeling:-
(a) I’m definitely warmer at my legs since I’m wearing a short-skirt dress.
(b) My legs will be shut side-by-side and not “ter-kangkang”.

Not-Good Feeling:-
(a) I felt that something is up my leg-calves and my thighs at all time.
(b) My tummy cannot breathe as freely.
(c) I think I can still see the tinny leg-hair that just grows out last night.

Hopefully, my pantyhose will feel more soft and natural after a few times wearing and washing. Maybe, there are several grades of pantyhose that will have different level of comfort. Hehehe… have to go research on it someday… *grin*

But today, surprisingly, I received a lot of compliment when my colleagues saw me in a dress. Early morning before 8am already my Manager already goes, "wow". Usually the men colleagues won’t compliment anything but today, I probably blown him away with the dress-colour. The other lady colleagues remarked, “Why you don’t wear dress more often, with the figure you have, wear lar.” And I replied shyly, “Errr… shy shy lar, I not so comfortable in dress mar. Legs will get cold also.”

You will be surprised how much you can read about it on wikipedia: "Pantyhose"

3 comments:

JazzyBaby said...

Yup, definitely look good today... so wear more la :)
I wanted so much to wear high heels to work, but when I think of the nature of my job, I just chose the comfort mode. Unless I really dare to stress out the legs.
But 1 thing I dont like is pantyhose. It makes u too warm (in my opinion) and just inconvenient. I used to like it too, but gradually grew out from that. Natural is better. Natural is comfort. ^^

Jaime said...

you don't have to put on your pantyhose in the car.

what you can do is wear it at home, it's not so slippery to walk in the house. just feels like you're wearing socks.

then, put a pair of slippers in your car. so, while u are driving, u wear your slippers. and when u reach office, put on your heels.

Faith said...

Thank U,Jazzy!
Everything we wear on (or off) also got its pros and cons. :P
Also, it's all about comfort and getting used to it... Time is the essence.

Hi Jaime,
Surprised to see your comment. Thought you freeze reading blog. Must be kinda bored at home, huh?

I'll do as what you advice when the next time I wear the pantyhose & see whether I manage to drive with it & the slippers on.