Thursday, February 01, 2007

Bad Luck & Furry Creatures

It's Thaipusam today and it's a public holiday. I did not know about it until 2 days ago when some of my colleagues are happily talking about it during lunch. If I would have know earlier, I could possibly be flying off to a quiet island away from the city-life.

Mom wanted me to bring her out shopping for some clothes as the Chinese New Year is approaching while dad goes out for his usual golfing with his friends. Slept quite late last night, around 2am after I dozed off watching some english movie on tv. And I was awake early this morning when my mom rang the door-bell. She got back from the wet-market.

Dragging myself up to open the door for her and when the eyes are open, it's hard to return back to sleep. Decided to check on the PC on the download progress. Chatted online and was planning to return to sleep but when I got into my cosy-bed, gazing out my window, just thinking, "such a nice weather to sleep, no sun-shine and just plain clouds, a little morning-breeze blowing occassionally as the curtains flipping by itself... birds chipping... " Switch on tv to watch cartoon for 15 minutes and decided that I'm hungry and with an empty stomach, can't possible make me go back to sleep. Instead, got into a shower and get ready to go out with my mom after a quick breakfast.

Being a public holiday, it's guranteed that the malls are packed and just looking for a parking space it's a problematic. That is the reason I never really like driving into KL for shopping. Bump into Jaime and her parents, said a few "hi's" and then off we go our separate ways. Managed to only walked around Jusco, Metrojaya and Carrefour, and we call it a day because mom is complaining her foot hurts. We left Mid-Valley around 4pm. Traffic was okie as it's still early and it's quite pleasant to be driving on the road today as compare to normal working day.

*BANG* As I just cornering into my housing-area, my car is almost to a stop when a small boy in his bicycle knocked into me and the boy actually smacked on top of my car's bonnet. My mom who was napping all the way from KL awake with a shock. Obviously, she did not see what happened. A little annoyed for the boy's carelessness as this was not the first time, I see him cycling and playing around the road corners. I put on the emergency light and get down from my car. Meanwhile, he ran away with his bicycle to a corner while his other friends ran towards him to check his condition. As I approached him, I asked him if he is okie and he has 2 cuts on his knees but he claimed he is okie. As there are other adults outside their houses, they came to look. When his maid finally came out from her house, the little boy told him that I knocked him. I was so angry and I scolded him for telling lies. I called my dad and he came to the rescue. My front car plat is damaged and black marks painted a big patch at the front. Even the boy's hand-print is on it. After the boy admitted that he is the one that knock into me, the maid brought him back home to wait for his mom to get home. Dad asked me to get home first while he talked to the rest of the "aunties" who were gathered around.

As I parked my car at the porch, was surprised of the two furry creatures in the cage right underneath the french-windows. Mom was asking me why is it there and I said, "It could be bro's because he was planning to buy for a church friend as a birthday gift." Turns out that it was our new neighbour's pet. Hahaha... I have a new neighbour that just moved in 2 weeks ago and they have been acting very strangely. The lady always welcome herself into our home and acting like we know each other for over 20 years. Not that we are not friendly or helpful but my dad are having very bad-feelings about all this...

Feeling a little annoyed, that the small boy's mom did not bother to come to our house even though we had requested her to do so when she get back home. My dad and bro paid him a visit because dad worried that being a Malay they might have all the power to scrutinize and make false statements whatsoever. When I checked with my dad went he got back while I was feeding the furry-creatures, dad told me the boy's mom do not even apologize for the damaged he has done to my car. UUrrrgghhh... was I even more mad!! Lucky, the two furry creatures are there to soothe me mentally... Mr Grey (the big-bully) & Mr White (the pinkish-red-eye)...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute bunny!!!!!

Faith said...

YES!! Rabbits are cute :D