Saturday, October 14, 2006

Father & Daughter Day

Just happened that today, it became a Father & Daughter Day for my dad and I.

Supposed to have my first time experience to the Toyota Car Service Centre by myself but then, mom gave some nagging-remarks to dad that he should tag along. Initially, dad insisted me to make an appointment to service my car after the "3 months" due on a Saturday with the reason that I had to start learning how to be independent and go do my own car chores. Yes, other than washing & vacuum the car, I don't think I know much of the car other than driving it carefully. I was a little bit anxious on Friday & Saturday morning having the thought plastered to my brains that I'll be going "alone"...

As I was having my lunch at 1pm, dad asked me what time I want to leave and I told him. Was kinda curious why he asked which later, he said he is tagging along. So, he drove us to the Service Centre and we were stuck in an afternoon-traffic which is quite surprising on a Saturday. Upon entering the Receiption area, there are lots of people sitting around and the place is not too bad. Dad said its so much better than EON/Proton's Service Centre. I think the best thing that attracted my dad is the unlimited flow of coffee & biscuits *chuckled* Once, we get ourselves registered; which is a less than 5-minutes procedure. We waited for a while for the Advisor to call us to bring him to the car. Also, we didn't waited long.

But, once we handed the car-keys, it took us 3.5 hours to get the car back! The advisor told us that we only had to wait 2 hours. Dad met with an ex-colleague who has been waiting for his car since 12pm!! As we looked at the clock, its almost 4.30pm & I got a little worried. While we were waiting patiently at the lounge area which I didn't take any picture because it was full of Malay families with their kids. I was wondering and accidentally asked my dad, "Why do this people had to bring their wives and kids to a service centre?" And he replied with a laugh, "Becoming their family outing for a regular Saturday noon." Thank God, I don't see any mother breast-feeding their baby because there are few who are feeding their babies with milk-bottle. And the kids are running around like a playground! Maybe, next time, they had to consider to built one-real-playground for the kids. Hehehe...

As we can't tag along to see how they service the car, so I walked myself several times to the service bay. But, I didn't see my car anywhere. After my 3rd time walking to the service bay, I realised that they had different section allocated for different model of cars. The service bay can accomodate about 40-50 cars after the Advisor drives in. After the service, I think the mechanic drive around the compound for 2-3 rounds because later when I checked my meter-reading, its about 3 km. And of course, the place is kinda huge also. Before they hand-back the car to me, I saw the Advisor drove it to the Washing & Vacuum Bay. And here again, it went into the VIP/Express lane. I stood in the sun admiring how they wash the car which took them about 15 minutes and then, I went back to the Lounge to get myself refreshen up and chit chat with my dad by describing to him what I saw on my self-detour.

After about 30 minutes after I see them complete washing, I returned again to the Washing & Vacuum Bay. Saw my car parked at the side but still the Advisor didn't pick it up. So, I went back to the Receiption and asked the Advisor politely, "Can you check if my car is ready? Because I saw it parked at the side" and he went to check thru some drawers; probably looking for my car keys and returned back with a head-shake, "Sorry miss, they are still washing your car". And I asked, "Still? That's funny... Okie then." And I walked all the way round to the other side of the building where I saw they parked my car and I asked those people there who washing other people cars, "Boleh tanya, kereta ini sudah siap cuci?" and they replied, "Sudah!" and I saw another Advisor walking towards me and with a smile he asked, "Yes miss, can I help you?" and I replied, "Can you please let the other Advisor know that this car is ready because earlier on, he insisted that its still being washed." And the Advisor asked the cleaning team why nobody notify the other Advisor and they answered him back in Tamil. Hehehe.. no idea what they told him. So, this Advisor drove another car to return to the owner and then, I saw him talking to my Advisor when I re-enter to the Receiption. My Advisor panicked! He was calling out other colleagues and asking where the car-keys and a little "hu-ha" and it started to drizzle outside.

By the time the Advisor found the car-keys and got the car delivered, he was apologizing a few times and with a chuckled I told him, "It's raining, such a waste your workers wash the car so clean earlier." We didn't bother to ask him why we had to wait for the car so long because all the other car owners are all tired and anxiously waiting for their own car which don't get much VIP treatment as "My Little Camry" does. Lucky, I was obvserving the cleaning procedure to know that the car is ready or else, I'll probably waited another hour till the Advisor noticed something.

Next stop, out of curiosity, we went to the Toyota Showroom on our way back to view the New Camry that was launched this weekend. We actually, dropped by last weekend but it was not there yet. And I tell you, "Love At First Sight!". Dad also love the New Sportish Camry and we were kidding to the Salesman that we bought the current car from, "How much if we trade-in?" and he said the figure and dad said, "Aiyoh!! I'm going to lose Rm30k for 3 months old car??" Of course, trade-in value always very low. We lingered at the Showroom for about 30minutes and head home for dinner. Pictures below of a glimpse of the New Camry. Isn't it a beauty??

While having dinner, I was suggesting to mom that we should make "popiah" one of these weekends. And then, dad said, "Ahh... we make Kau Ting Ge tonight". And we didn't allow mom to participate and it's an Instant Kuih Lapis (Layer Kueh) recipe that my dad bought a few weeks ago. Dad was washing up the dinner dishes and I get all the things ready for him. The mixing was very simple but the steaming time when we put layer by layer every each 5 minutes were kind of tedious. Had to make sure the layer is well-steamed before the next layer being poured in.

My task is to pour the mixture every 5 minutes and my dad had to lift up the cover carefully and wipe it dry. By 10pm, its ready! After removing it from the steamer, dad actually sat admiring his Kueh. And mom asked him, "What are you doing starring at that Kueh?" and as the whole family were already at the kitchen that time. I laughed and nagged my mom, "Why you care what dad is doing?" and my dad added, "I admiring my Kueh lar, cannot ah?" We shall see how its gonna taste like tomorrow...

4 comments:

Agnes said...

The new Camry's a beauty! I saw some forwarded email on it a while back...very nice. Odd though but at some angle, you can almost mistaken it for the Honda...

Anonymous said...

Wait till you see the interior with your own eyes! :P

I don't like the front lights but other than that, all is near to perfection. Hehehe...

The butt is kinda mixture of Honda & the latest BMW also.

Jaime said...

The new Camry is really a very nice car. I saw in on the road in Singapore... *jaw dropped a couple of times*

Just like how I felt when I saw the new Civic. :)

Anonymous said...

oh my gawd!!
Now, I will regret that I bought my classic little camry so early :(
*sob*