Sunday, May 13, 2012

Love Juice for Mee's & Dee's Day


How the idea of "love juice" came up?
It all started with a colleague; Pee asking about "beetroot" during lunch break last week. We actually go in circles-of-guessing what she was refering to. Finally, I google up and showed her the picture. She helped to purchase 1 kilogram of beetroot from her neigbourhood-market. Another colleague; Mei Ying wanted it so I decided to share the portion with her as it was rather alot. She paid for it all as I was helping her with the labour of "peeling, cleaning and extracting". Hehehe...


Since, Dad warned me about it's "messy-ness", I had to ensure everything is planned properly and the most important thing will be the plastic-glove that Dad bought when Mom also requested it for future use. This important because I do not wanna ruin my Rm100+ french-manicure either!

So happened it's Mother's Day today and in actual, Mom and I both have low-blood-pressure so the juice ideally should be for Dad and Bro! So, I thought... why not call it "Love Juice" from my heart with love. To Daniel: You will have your "love share" when you come back.


 
Mei Ying wanted pure "beetroot" juice so still got "love" inside but I can't imagine the taste.


For the rest of us at home, I added Apple, Carrot and "Jambu-Air" to the Beetroot.


Peeling of the Beetroot turns out not so bad after all but it kept flying-out from my plastic-glove grip and cause a mess when it rolled to the floor where I didn't put newspaper. And well, it's messy and the colour... purple... and when you put it in the juice-extractor, it's like your blood-gushing out during a "heart-surgery"!!


For the 3rd one that I did for myself, there is no juice coming out and that's when Dad came back from church. My hero! Why? Because Dad asked me why I didn't use his "Green-toy" and I told him, "Oh.. I didn't know it can do the same function." And it's such good machine! It can actually juice-out 1 beer-mug of "love juice" from all the pulps from the other Juice-Extractor! And it's 10x easier to clean and dispose the "pulp".




Cheers! Happy Mee & Dee's Day!

No comments: