Friday, December 18, 2015

First espresso

This morning, I left home without coffee because I was running a little late to meet up with Lily to pass her the fish-cake. I slept till 7.30am+.. Initially, I plan to get Illy-coffee from 7-Eleven but somehow, it was not tempting enough after I took it out of the cold-shelf. Also, I love my coffee warm in the morning... so, I walked out of 7-Eleven not buying anything and I slowly walked my way towards CPF building where my office is.

Then, after I passed Telok Ayer Methodist Church, I decided to de-tour to Starbucks. A taxi almost knocked me when I was waiting in-between the white-lines of a 4-lane road. Hahaha... it was a scary thought just thinking about it!

Looking at the price on the menu, I decided to have the Solo of Expresso at S$3.xx and feeling hungry and ordered an Apple Cinnamon Muffin that cost me S$4.xx. I ordered 'take-away' but when I was adding raw-sugar into the paper-cup, I saw how 'little' solo espresso really is, I decided to find a seat and enjoy my breakfast away from my work-desk despite it's already 9am. Hehehe...

Today, it's my first time in my entire life to order and drink espresso. And I can accept the taste.. but should add 1 packet of raw sugar next time. Slowing sipping it and savouring the muffin alone is somehow lonely but it was entertaining to see the people that walk-in-and-out of Starbucks and people that walked into Capital Tower for work... What a soothing late Friday morning...

No comments: